NB: Please note that there are different ways of preparing the same food, this is not the only method.
Tshidzimba is also one of the food which is eaten by Venḓa People. It is one the nutritious food eaten by the Venḓa People . It is a good source of energy and has good quality proteins. Click the folders below for more info.
- Samp (Thuvhule)
- Peanuts (Nduhu) whole and powdered
- Groundnuts (Phonda)
- Boil the dried groundnuts and samp for about 1 ½ hours.
- Add the whole peanuts and continue boiling for another hour.
- Add the powdered peanuts and salt.
- Stir well and allow it to simmer for another 30 – 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, put it in a bowl and serve immediately while it is piping hot.
- Because it is delicious, be careful not to eat too much or you will have a tummy ache afterwards.
- Let it cool and store in for a day or so or as long as it lasts.